codeigniter captcha is not working | ci capture
make sure the captcha folder where the image is being generated is writable 666/777
backup / restore Titanium Backup from one phone to another | google authenticator
on the phone you're restoring to, go into TB and delete all saved backups. Then browse to the TB folder on your phone using whatever util, delete all the backups in there so it's empty, otherwise when you run the sync to google, it will delete everything online and push these files up.
Once all clear, make sure your current phone is set to backup all apps each night, no just new ones or it will miss new data!, it only backups up the app again if the version of the application is updated, so just tell it to back up all user apps each night.
Then on phone2, sync to google and then restore whatever app/data you need. Failing these steps, read below for more info how it works.
if after all your shuffling the app restores but the data seems old, delete the data from TB and restore just the data and then re-launch the app.
Update: 11/02/16 - Download failed this way, I just downloaded from google drive, deleted folder on phone, then extracted from PC onto phone titanium folder, ran restore, all working.
- With Titanium Backup 3.6.4 (or above):
- If your backup folder is empty, then with you can simply switch to the Schedules tab and hit the “RUN” button in the “Sync to Dropbox / Box.net / Google Drive” section to download all backups from Dropbox / Box.net / Google Drive back onto your phone.
- With older Titanium Backup versions:
- Do not use the “Sync to Dropbox / Box.net / Google Drive” button now: it’s a one-way sync and would erase your Dropbox / Box.net / Google Drive files because you have no backups on the phone.
- You need to copy the “TitaniumBackup” folder back from Dropbox / Box.net / Google Drive onto your SD card:
- On a computer, login to Dropbox / Box.net / Google Drive on the web
- Click on the “TitaniumBackup” folder
- Click on “Download folder”.
- Extract the ZIP file that you just downloaded.
- Move the resulting “TitaniumBackup” folder from your computer onto your SD card
- Make sure USB mass storage is disabled (ie: your phone is disconnected from the computer)
- Launch Titanium Backup and it should see your backups.
book review: The Mythical Man-Month - Fred Brooks
It didn't bring the boys to the yard. I don't know why, maybe because I've listened to a lot of books on programming and methodologies recently and they all stress similar things about time; it will take longer than you think, plan accordingly. I honestly believe I've missed some of the pearls of wisdom hidden in this one, maybe I'll give it another listen next year.