[Quick Links] |
Search Site

Site Details

rendered in 0.1102 secs

Captain's Log | Monday 28th of August 2017

Character Entity Reference Chart | html special chars

https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref

Captain's Log | Monday 28th of August 2017

after upgrading mysql i'm getting: Fetch of persistent statistics requested for table but the required system tables mysql.innodb_table_stats and mysql.innodb_index_stats are not present or have unexpected structure. Using transient stats instead. | error issue 5.5 5.6 5.7 ref


Always run the below after a MySQL DB upgrade.
mysql_upgrade -uroot -p

Captain's Log | Monday 28th of August 2017

Book review: Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World


I really didn't like it. First 25% was spent talking about how all these various studies are evidence of the books teachings and then it just rambles on without giving any actual actionable information.

How to I direct script output to null? this could help me with my cron tasks* * * * * /home/rick111/purge_rick111.sh > /dev/null 2>&1Symbolic links, which way what? | linuxln -s /exiting/main/must/be/full/path/file.txt /my/shortcut/linky/stub/folder/How can I see how fast my CPU is running, what frequency clock Mhz it's at?watch -n1 "lscpu | grep 'MHz' | awk '{print $1}'"
watch -n1 "lscpu | grep 'CPU MHz' | awk '{print $1}'"
How can I disable the gnome-keyring-daemon?sudo chmod -x /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon
sudo reboot
How do I enable and/or disable sites in apache2? (mod)sudo a2ensite
sudo a2dissite
Book review: On the Shortness of Life
I don't know. Maybe I'm getting old a grumpy but many words are said without giving actual solid advice. I guess the overall message is time is precious so don't be wasteful of it. - but what does that actually mean? I mean, if I wake up tomorrow morning and think "ahhhh, no wasteful time today, great let's get started". I still have to do 80% of the things I do each day to make sure there is food on the table for the family and then I relax with the other 20%, and you know what, I live quite a happy life. What is "wasteful", how can I challenge that idea when it can't even be defined clearly. It's just another book full of empty unquantifiable words and phases that leave me feeling frustrated because I like to hold a set of beliefs that can be challenged.

So no, I don't recommend this great philosopher's words and mumbo jumbo stories that skate around any actual advice.

Captain's Log | Monday 28th of August 2017

CamelCase under_scores firstLetterLowerCase what are the best formats for class, method and file names?

I give up, use this as the styling/naming convention guide
spilt each (model/controller/method/library/view) into:
filename
loading
Calling
URL

  
filename:
same as controller/model/library naming convention below
  
how to name and load methods, models, libraries etc within the file
  
Controllers: Firstlettercapitalonly (and Libraries). See this post for importance of ending phpunit test files with BlashTest (capital T in test)

Models: Capitalstartonly_but_can_have_underscore (CI is happy with underscores, mess detector is not...)
Views: always_lower_and_can_have_underscores
Methods: lowerStartThenCamelNoUnderscores

  
  
URL links, loading libraries and models
  always lower, so https://dev.vpnova.com/Nc/viewGroup/5 should be https://dev.vpnova.com/nc/viewgroup/5
  $this->load->MyModel should be $this->load->mymodel, same for libraries. The $this->mymodel->MyMethod (method) can be CamelCase
  
variable name formats
  $strings_are_lower_with_underscores
  $objectsDropTheFirstCapitalNoUnderscores

  
table names
  lower_with_underscores
  
other
in code use "//deleteme dd/mm/yy" as comment for anything that looks obsolete. then you can grepr through project and remove anything that's been in that state for a while


Captain's Log | Friday 25th of August 2017

Remove proxmox subscription warning v4 and 5 | popup license

sed -i s/"data.status !== 'Active'"/false/ /usr/share/pve-manager/*/pvemanagerlib.js